Thank you for expressing interest in my Dreamweavers Team :-) Dreamweavers are my beta readers and review team members. Some of the incentives for Dreamweavers include access to free drafts of works in progress, and ARCs (advance review copies). Since Dreamweavers are so important to me, including your opinions, comments, and suggestions, I need you to meet a few requirements before becoming a team member.
If you enjoy reading paranormal romance, urban fantasy with romantic elements, sweet holiday romance, or psychological suspense/thrillers, then sharing your thoughts on the stories, you will make a perfect team member. Some team members don't post reviews, acting as beta-readers only, but most post reviews as well as beta-read, so please read the following, complete the form, and e-mail me if you have any questions.
How it Works
- First, in order to receive ARCs, you must be a member of my Dreamweavers' Team. If you join my VIP Readers' Club (newsletter), you'll automatically receive 3 FREE e-books, 2 of which are on Amazon, and the third book is exclusively available to Readers' Club members. In other words, the Dreamweavers' Team is a specialized group of my VIP Readers' Club members.
- If you are not a member of my VIP Readers' Club, you can download "Dark Sentinels Book One: Sable" from the retailer of your choice for free. In fact, I always suggest that readers read "Dark Sentinels Book One: Sable," first. To join (subscribe to) my VIP Book club/newsletter, click here or simply complete the sign-up form in the footer of this page. Remember, it's a prerequisite for being a member of my Dreamweavers' team. Once you have subscribed to my VIP Readers' Club newsletter, you will receive an invitation to complete the Dreamweavers' Team application after being an active member for a few weeks.
- Once you become a Dreamweaver, log in to your Amazon account when you are ready to post a review. If you do not have an Amazon account, visit Amazon.com to create one, as this is a condition of being on the Dreamweavers' team.
- After placing your review on Amazon, click here to find the link to your review. Right-click the link and copy it.
- Paste the review link(s) in an e-mail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also consider posting reviews for the free books you received when you joined my newsletter (all books are available on Amazon and Goodreads).
- Goodreads: to find your Goodreads profile URL, log into Goodreads, click on your profile picture (upper right corner), then click "profile." Copy the URL in the address box at the top of the page.
Most of the time, I'll request certain information when you agree to beta read a work in progress, but I'm always interested in your overall take, i.e., whether you liked the characters or not, enjoyed or did not enjoy the story, and why or why not. Also, anything specific that you would like to know more about as I continue writing the story, and certainly anything that just seems glaringly wrong. Specific feedback might include whether particular scenes work, whether certain characters seem fleshed-out enough, etc.
Please read the following guidelines:
- You MUST be 18+.
- As Amazon has become increasingly picky about allowing reviews to be posted, please be sure to include a simple statement disclosing that you received the e-book free in exchange for an honest review and at no charge to the author. Other great places to leave reviews are Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Library Thing, your blog, Facebook, and of course, Goodreads, if the book is available at those sites.
In case you're new to the whole review-posting thing, this is for you. Reviews can be as simple as 2 or 3 lines, or they can include all of the following. Please do not include spoilers, details about plot twists or other premature info that could spoil the story for others who have not yet read it. Remember, it's not a book report ;-) Also, since Amazon considers people who are connected via Facebook or Twitter to be friends, they tend to remove reviews posted by readers who are connected to the author via other social media outlets if that information is disclosed.