If you're looking for a delicious quick and easy dessert to make for the holidays, look no further. This fruity, sumptuous dessert takes about seven minutes or less to prepare, and bakes for about 60 minutes. I made one yesterday, and everybody who came over wanted more than one piece. They probably would have eaten more, but I stopped offering after the second piece. Hehe. Nope, that's not a picture of mine in this post but it looks pretty much the same.
The one I made yesterday is already half gone! Go figure 💃
15.2 oz. box of yellow cake mix
8 oz. block of low fat or fat free cream cheese
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 lb. of fresh, tart cherries (you can substitute blueberries, blackberries, or even fresh apples cut into chunks)
1/2 cup of canola or sunflower oil
1/4 cup of almond/coconut milk (unsweetened, Vanilla)
Non-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 13 x 9 inch baking pan (bottom and sides) with heavy duty aluminum foil
- Spray pan generously with non-fat cooking spray
- Spread bottom of pan with cherry pie filling
- Add fresh cherries
- Cut cream cheese into small pieces and cover cherries
- Pour cake mix over cream cheese. Try to keep it as smooth and even as possible by breaking up any large chunks of cake mix.
- Pour oil and almond milk into a coffee cup and heat in microwave about 30 seconds or until it's easy to mix with a spoon.
- Pour oil mixture over cake mix, making sure to cover the cake mix as much as possible.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Allow 15 minutes to cool, and voila! Cut into messy squares, or simply spoon it into dessert bowls. Top with whip cream or just enjoy it as is.