Please join me in welcoming author Cheryl Holloway as my interview guest today!
1. What are some of the best places to find you on the web? (website. Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon Central, Newsletter, etc.)
How to Find Cheryl Holloway, Author
Facebook Page: www.Facebook.com/Cheryl.Holloway.940
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2d27Tl1
2. What are you doing when you’re not writing?
When I’m not writing, I’m either reading or working on my blog. I love reading and I have been an avid reader since I was three years old. From elementary school through college, I read a minimum of one book a day—no matter how many pages or how busy I was. I lost many hours of sleep from reading. :-)
3. Tell us about your books. Genre, titles, any favorite characters? What can we look forward to from you in the near future? WIP’s, upcoming releases?
Cougar Tales: Father and Son Book 1; Cougar Tales: The Italian Basketball Player Book 2; Cougar Tales: Jamaican Love Book 3; and Cougar Tales Box Set Books 1-3. Cougar Tales are the exciting and sexy escapades of Joi, an older woman, who dates younger men. Joi is my favorite character to create. She is a strong, sexy, sassy woman who enjoys love and life. The Bane Bath Salts, was written specifically to help parents and teens understand and prevent designer drug use in teens. Please watch the video on my website and YouTube. The Proposal: A Leap of Faith is a short story written about a couple who had been dating off and on for over ten years and he was afraid to commit. This story has a surprise ending! A Sisterhood of Women Living Life: A Short Story Collection Book 1. This book has five short stories of women from 25-50+ and five really short stories. These are very interesting stories and all based on real-life events. I have one other book that is out-of-print. A Forgotten Negro League Star: A Personal Look at Al Burrows, half of the book is history of the Negro League and the other half of the book is about Al Burrows’ life. I am currently working on A Sisterhood Book 2; a prayer book; and a couple of other works in progress. I would like to ask a favor, if anyone reads one of my books, please leave a review on Amazon. I will certainly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. J
4. Is there a common thread in your books? How do your values and beliefs show up in your writing? What do you want readers to receive from your stories?
Yes, currently I write romance books and short stories. My values are often included throughout the stories and some of my stories provide a theme for readers. I am a Christian and some of my stories have Christian morals and ethics or a mother or grandmother to guide young ladies down the correct path in life. Mostly, I want readers to be entertained and enjoy the story. Some life lessons are for the young and old because I write romance stories for women 18-50+. I am also thinking about writing a series of love stories for Baby Boomers.
"A Sisterhood of Women Living Life: A Short Story Collection Book 1"
Visit Cheryl's Amazon page for a peek at all of her books! Be sure to click the "follow" button and keep up with her new releases.
5. What are some things you know now about writing and being an author that you wish someone had told you at the very beginning? I think the biggest tip would have been How to create a large fan-base and nurture them throughout the years. I am trying now to rebuild my email list of followers and readers. Especially, since I write for one genre—romance.
6. Other than writing, what’s your passion?
My passion has been for over ten years to pay it forward to other authors, regardless of where they are in their writing career. I had an internet radio talk show for several years and I provided 1-hour interviews for any author at no charge. I started Just About Books Talk Show because I had written a sports book about a Negro League player and I had a hard time getting publicity. As you know, now I have a blog where I provide Guest Author Interviews for any author at no charge. I provide 2-5 interviews per week depending on how busy my writing schedule is at the time.
7. What tips can you offer toward building and maintaining a strong support system as a writer?
I would suggest each author first decide on what their writing goal is and then decide on the type of support system they need to accomplish their goal. Some support systems are: family and friend support; critique group support; writing group/club support; launch team support; loyal fans/supporters; beta reader support; and of course, your writing team supporters. I use a variety of these support systems.
8. Any additional comments or thoughts you’d like to offer today? Dariel, I am also an Accountability Writing Coach. I help writers to become debut authors by guiding and coaching them to complete writing and publishing their first book. I also present Writing Workshops. So, as you can see, I have a busy daily schedule. If anyone is interested in contacting me, they can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I would love to hear from your followers and readers.
The pleasure is all mine, Cheryl :-) Thank you for sharing with us today!