Featured Reader Interview: Meet Colleen Everly - Avid paranormal romance reader,blogger, Raye's Raver
1. How old were you when you started reading for enjoyment? What kinds of books did you start reading? What kinds of books do you enjoy reading most, now?
I had to be around 8 or 9 when I started reading for enjoyment. I read books like My Friend Flicka and Heidi. I started reading Harlequin Romances at the age of 12 and still read romances now, mostly paranormal romance but will read anything romance.
2. What 3 things would you like other readers and writers to know about you?
I am an avid reader. I love to support indie authors. I am a blogger.
3. What are some things you look for in a good book? What separates a good book from a great book in your opinion?
A good book must have a good story line and suck me into the story. Making me feel emotions is what I separate a good book from a great one.
4. When and where do you do most of your reading? What’s your favorite reading device?
I read mostly in the evenings curled up on my sofa on my kindle or a paperback.
5. What are some things that make you pick up an indie author’s book(s)?
genre is the main reason I pick up a book, sometimes it’s the author if I recognize the name, I will admit if there is a sexy guy on the front it will strike my interest.
6. Do you ever review books and post the reviews?
yes I review and I always post a review unless the book rates under 3 stars for me then I will not. I don’t agree with bashing an author through review sites. I will however tell the author why unless I can’t get hold of them via facebook or email.
7. What are some of your favorite online and social media hangouts?
I utilize Facebook,my blog,Twitter,Linkedin,Google+,Pinterest, Tumblr, and Booktropoulus.
8. Have you ever considered becoming a writer? Explain why or why not.
Yes, I have but I seem to always throw them away before finishing. Though I do have one I started since I started blogging, I haven’t got far but I refuse to throw it away again.
9. Are there any indie author blogs that you read regularly? If so, what brings you back each time?
I follow many and receive email updates regularly I read the email and if something catches my eye I will go read the blog.
Thanks for hanging out with me today, Colleen, not to mention all the other wonderful things you do for authors :-)