Genre: Young Adult Fantasy Romance
Publisher: Audeamus LLC
Date of Publication: April 1, 2009
Number of pages: 274 pages
Fallen - the first book in the Guardian Trilogy...
Maggie is unaware of the terrifying fate that awaits her. It isn’t until she lands in New Orleans for a full year at a private high school and her unknown enemies find her does she realize that her life is in danger.
As a mystifying stranger repeatedly intervenes and blocks the attempts on her life, she begins to learn that there is more to him than his need to protect her and that he may be the key to understanding why her enemies have just now arrived.
Magdalene's Top 10 Questions…
1. Favorite movie/actor/actress? I've never had time to notice. Would much rather be sneaking out to hunt Fallen Ones.
2. Favorite song/singer? Anything that gets my heart pumping or fills me with the exhilaration that I feel when I look at Eran.
3. Favorite food? Muffuletta sandwich, hands down. It is my go-to lunch. There's something about that salty goodness that I can't resist! Like Eran's lips after a good workout!
4. One item you cannot live without? My sword. It's a trusty companion when I come across an enemy salivating to take my life or the life of another.
5. Who would you like to meet (dead or alive)? I can meet just about anyone dead or alive, given my unique ability. However, one entity does remain elusive…the one who created creation, the one who started it all, the one who produced life its self. That one…I have a lot of questions for.
6. Favorite hobby? Sending our enemies to eternal death, comes to mind, but that's more of a way of life. So I'd have to say…riding my awesome Harley Davidson Sportster, especially into the school parking lot while the faculty are arriving in the morning.
7. Guilty pleasure? Eran. He's been off limits to me for a long time so you can probably guess why he was the first one to come to mind.
8. Favorite author and book? The ones who put together the Book of Dossiers on the Fallen Ones. Those individuals are brave, the kind of brave that humbles you. When you think about how close one has to get to an enemy who wants you dead, close enough to know they regularly reek of onions, it leaves an impression in the back of your mind.
9. Do you collect anything? Rapiers and to a lesser extent fashionable leather fighting attire. With each fall to earth, I seek out both, in the order mentioned. The rapier is self-explanatory. The leather suit, well, there's nothing like kicking some butt in intimidating foreign fashion.
10. Favorite color? Black, green, brown…Anything that provides camouflage against a background where I'm hiding in wait for my enemies return.
“You appear and then vanish like a ghost. You aren’t injured from venomous snake bites. You aren’t killed by wayward, incredibly sharp arrows.” Then, I reiterated, “I am the only one who can see you…how is any of this possible?”
“You do pay attention,” he said, sounding almost regretful, though I didn’t understand why.
“Yes, now will you tell me how you are capable of all that?”
He paused, still looking at me, as he collected his thoughts. The muscles throughout his body visibly flexed, tensing as he prepared his answer. “I have certain…gifts…that not many others can claim…gifts of speed, healing, and regeneration, to name a few.”
He paused, waiting for my reaction.
“Don’t worry so much,” I said, teasingly. “I’m not going to run screaming for the door.”
We quietly laughed together for a brief moment. When I felt like he was comfortable again, I asked my next question.
“So, where did you get these gifts? Did your parents take some sort of special drug?”
“Not exactly. I can’t answer that, as much as I know you’d like me to. Just suffice, Magdalene, to know that without these gifts, you wouldn’t be here right now.”
About the Author:
Laury Falter is a bestselling author of young adult romantic suspense and urban fantasy. She has three series out: the Guardian Trilogy, the Residue Series, and the Apocalypse Chronicles.
Twitter page: http://www.twitter.com/LauryFalter
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Laury-Falter/196033543803745
Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/lauryfalter