Writing Goals for 2013
Though never posted, my writing goals for 2012 were partially reached. As far as completions, the year got off to a slow start, but my “Alerians – Dark Progeny” series was accepted by Red Rose Publishing in March, and I released book one of the self-published “Dark Sentinels” series mid-July. Book one of “The Alerians – Dark Progeny” series, “Jordan’s Wings,” was released mid-October.
Also, “Dark Sentinels Book Two: Torin” is in the hands of my editor as we speak. She says she’ll get it to me within the week, so I plan to release it by Valentine’s Day. Book two of “The Alerians – Dark Progeny” series, “Gideon’s Light,” should be right on its heels as long as I don’t have any more health problems stealing my writing time and focus. My publisher wanted it much sooner, like yesterday :-P
So, as for overall goals for 2013, here’s one of my beloved lists:
1. Complete rewrites for book 2 of “Dark Sentinels” series and release in February.
2. Complete book 2 of “The Alerians – Dark Progeny” series and send to editor by March.
3. Complete book 3 of “The Alerians – Dark Progeny” series and send to editor by end of May.
4. Complete book 3 of “Dark Sentinels” to send to editor by end of July.
5. Complete rewrites for book 3 of “Dark Sentinels” and release in September
6. Complete Christmas novelette by end of September to send to editor.
7. Complete outline of “Children of Cain Book One: Ishmael” by end of October.
8. Successfully complete Nano Wrimo with “Children of Cain.”
9. Complete content rewrites for full-length reincarnation novel, “Aidan’s Will” and send to editor by end of December.
Stay tuned for my blogging updates, stats, and goals J