My special guest for Thursday 13 today is erotic romance author, Arla Dahl! Courtesy of Ocean 2 Ocean Book Promotions, I'm happy to share 13 of her favorite lines from her new release, "The Watchman" (Immoral Virtue Bk. 3). Take a look, follow her tour, and join her upcoming new release party!
13 Favorite Lines From "The Watchman" by Arla Dahl
1. -“You ache for this, do you not?”
2. -“I would please you again…I would submit…now… should I be permitted…”
3. -"She compels the eye in lustful ways that blind men to truth--as is the witch’s way.”
4. -“’Tis my wish to prove innocence through pleasure.”
5. -“Do not let go.”
6. Though daybreak would soon be upon them, darkness would linger, for fears of evil, of witches and cursed souls still filled their hearts with dread.
7. -’Twas too much a pleasure, the sight of her. A splendid gift of nature. Perhaps she had not bewitched him so much as stirred his heart.
8. -He crushed her lips with his. Kissing her. Hurting her. His mouth unforgiving, unrelenting. Silencing her words, stealing her breath.
9. -She laughed and it was a tearful frustrated sound he wished to quiet, to soothe.
10. -One word could have saved him. One word could have spared her the sight of his torture. Spared him the sight of her pain for him.
11. -He ached as much to touch her as to feel her touch… her caress, her embrace…those lips as ready to spit angry fire as mewl in notes of need.
12. -Those eyes, stubborn and frightened. That hair, in which he would bury his face and inhale… her hands so delicate… how he wished to feel them upon him.
13. -“I will prick the mark to be sure it bleeds, to be certain it is not a spot deadened to sensation…for that, my good people, is how to test the witch!”
For more about Arla's books, feel free to stalk her in these places: